Monday, December 24, 2012

A Magical Village

Perhaps this isn't the Land of Oz, or Emerald City, but it is a village of busy people doing busy things.  I would assume there would be verbal hellos, enchanting smiles, and hands waving a cheerful hello.  No one appears to be using a smart phone or other technical device.  Instead winter activities are the choice, shoppers are utilizing the hometown shops and enjoying a wonderland of snow.  I am very fortunate since I can enjoy my Magical Village year round.  Each time I turn on the tiny lights something new catches my attention.





Welcome to the first picture in a panoramic view of the Village.



A visit to the flower shop to purchase a special floral arrangement will make someone have a great day.




A stop at the diner for a cup of hot chocolate sounds inviting.





It was in the 1980's I started to collect the little houses, stores and figurines, and through the years it has grown to a storybook hobby.  The train, church, and houses soon had lots of neighbors.


 t 

 

Harley Davidson makes a spectacular display.  You can almost hear the excitement in the store.  Perhaps some lucky individual thinks their wish list will come true with a new bike, or it could be just a figurine. 

 




McDonald's is always popular, hamburgers were 15 cents, fries 12 cents, and a person could purchase a meal for under a dollar. After the fast food, looks like a trip to the park could burn off some calories.  Looks like somebody is trying out a new bike.




Time to stop and fill the gas tank so we can continue our journey.




Children are busy in the classroom, fire people are busy, and the outdoor movie theater is waiting for the the winter movie goers. The tree house does not appear to have any takers.





 

A celebration of winter fun.  Use your imagination and listen to the laughter of the children as they enjoy the treasures of childhood.

THANK YOU FOR VIEWING THIS POST. WHEREVER YOU LIVE I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST THIS SEASON.  AND MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING YOU GOOD HEALTH. 


  

2 comments:

  1. Great photos of your hobby. I have a few houses myself and I know it is not easy to catch the magical wonder of these scenes and you certainly have done that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your village is about as big as mine, Although I have The Dickens Collection...I put it up every year... And to this day I still buy a new piece for it...It takes me three day to put it up...

    Diane
    Love your village

    ReplyDelete